Community Care

Community Care

This page includes information for RMOs employed in primary care. Below you can find copies of collective and individual employment agreements, information on community-based attachments (CBAs) and more. Primary care RMOs have a dedicated voice in the RDA, and are currently represented on the National Executive by Dr Ralston D’Souza.

Your Rep on the National Executive

Dr. Ralston D’Souza

I’m Ralston and I’m a rural hospital medicine registrar currently based in Whangamatā. I’ve been a delegate for the NZRDA since I graduated and started working in the Bay of Plenty. I’m passionate about advocating for my patients and colleagues as both groups often feel they are not being heard. I strongly believe that the health and well-being of all healthcare professionals is directly linked to the quality of care that we deliver to our patients. Thus my aim is to listen to my colleagues, identify issues and provide solutions that will eventually lead to better outcomes for all.

Feel free to get in touch anytime!

Documents & Guides

RNZCGP and NZRDA GPEP1 Collective Agreement

A copy of the RNZCGP and NZRDA GPEP1 Collective Agreement is available for download below.

RNZCGP and NZRDA Collective Employment Agreement 1 February 2021 to 31 January 2022

General Practice Brochure

Want to know what the RDA can do for you if you are in General Practice? Check out our General Practitioner brochure for more information.

Download GP Brochure


We often hear the question, “Am I going to be a contractor or employee?” Some of you might not even know to ask this question. Click below to download a handy guide to determining whether you are a contractor or employee.

Contractor or Employee?

Individual Employment Agreement

An example of the General Practitioner Individual Employment Agreement is available for download below. If you have any questions about your individual employment agreement, please get in touch.

Individual Employment Agreement

So, what next?

At NZRDA, we’re available to check your contract offers to ensure they are fair. Simply get in touch with us via this website, and we’ll be able to help.

Get in touch with NZRDA

If you have any questions or general enquiries, get in touch with us using the contact details below or the form on this page.

Membership queries:
General & contract queries:

Freephone: 0800 803 993