All members of the National Executive are delegates and many have participated in MECA bargaining in the past. It is a requirement of the NZRDA rules that all National Executive members be elected in accordance with the correct processes.
You can view the profiles of our current National Executive members below.
Your current President is Dr Sam Anderson. Sam is originally from Christchurch but lives and works in Waikato. He is interested in anything to do with the RDA, and believes that no issue is too big or too small. Sam has previously worked at the Ministry of Health, and before that at the Ministry of Social Development, so he has experience in seeing things from both sides.
The National Executive is composed of your President, Vice President, Executive Secretary, Treasurer, and regional representatives.
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
The National Executive’s main functions are:
– to manage the overall direction of the NZRDA’s activities throughout the year;
– to promote the objectives of NZRDA;
– to ensure implementation of any decisions made at an AGM and any National Membership Meetings;
– to hold other structures, bodies and officers of NZRDA accountable for their functioning;
– to resolve disputes or problems encountered between NZRDA members or bodies;
– to ensure that there is sound financial policy, including safeguarding any assets of NZRDA and managing its business (including investments);
– to ensure NZRDA’s compliance with its own rules and the law.
The National Executive is primarily charged with the responsibility of running the RDA between AGMs and acts upon input from members after being channelled through workplace representatives – your delegates. The National Executive is in essence the RDA’s ‘board of directors’. The National Executive provides leadership and works to ensure accountability processes are adhered to.